Saturday, February 22, 2014

Multiple intelligences in Distance Education

My learning style is intrapersonal (35), I agree because I like to be around people to discuss or complement ideas with others, which help me a lot for the reason I learn from them.  In second place, linguistic (29) in my opinion communicating helps to understand and learn more. Finally, in third place I am interpersonal I believe is necessary to know first myself in order to know what methods apply to learn better.
            In contrast, my weaknesses are: Logical-mathematical, musical, and Bodily-Kinesthetic (three of them 22). The Logical-Mathematical intelligence I do not like it much, so is a bit difficult for me to learn. On the same way, musical intelligence well I like to listen to music but is complicating for me to memorize or learn something by just listening. For example, to memorize a song is hard for me if I do not see the lyrics. Bodily-kinesthetic intelligence is great but first I like to see a model as a guide.
            On the other hand, learning in Distance Education has many opportunities but also difficulties to achieve the goal.
a)      Opportunities:
·         Acquire knowledge since concepts, theories, and/or skills that can help students in experimental knowledge; in other words practice what he/she learned.
·         To develop critical understanding of the objectives teaching.
·         Acquire knowledge of mean through which these objectives may be achieved.
·         Develop skills necessary for the effective organization of adult language learning.
·         Students and teacher becomes analytical and conscious of their work.
·         Discuss in order to improve.
b)      Difficulties:
§  Between students and teacher is hard to gain confidence because they are not in face-to-face classes.
§  Students gain anxiety on the amount of readings involves in working through course booklets and recommended reading, and on producing written form.
§  Is a lonely path! Students and teacher do not have a workshop in which they can discuss their experiences, difficulties.
§  Students and teachers feel uncertain as to how to use the professional literature.
§  You cannot know your audience in order to know how to communicate.
In my own experience, my mood is very important because it depends how I feel emotionally; for example if I feel okay I will do the assignment faster and I concentrate better. In the same way, I like to organize my own schedule with post-its in order to not forget the deadlines. Sometimes is a bit difficult to work with people I do not know for the reason I love to interact. But I try to have at least a partner I know probably because I feel support. However, is necessary students’ responsibility in doing assignments in time, but with effort and always trying to learn something not just for passing the Distance course.
            Therefore, there are several solutions a student can take in account to achieve the goal in the course. For example, considering feedback of his/her teacher and students as an important aspect; I believe, every time we can learn from others. In addition, to check often the online course because sometimes the student think he/she has under control, and later he/she missed a deadline or he/she did not do the assignment as the teacher’s instructions. And a course having the grade of each assignment later that they published because in that way students can know how they are doing, and if they need to improve something or continue with the same method
           


                  

No comments:

Post a Comment